In our interview with Max Cavalera (read here), we discussed his astonishing 30 year career in metal, starting with his first album in Sepultura, Morbid Visions, all the way to his 2015 Soulfly album, Archangel. Here are my Top 10 Max Cavalera Songs spanning his 21 studio albums with Sepultura, Nailbomb, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy and Killer Be Killed.
#1: Sepultura – “Refuse/Resist”
(Chaos A.D., September 2, 1993, Roadrunner Records)
As the opening track on Sepultura’s 1993 best-selling, fan-favorite, Chaos A.D., “Refuse/Resist” is the band’s signature song. If you were listening to rock and metal in the ’90s, then you’ve heard this track. Chaos A.D. peaked at No. 32 on the Billboard Charts and has been certified gold by the RIAA.
To recap, here is the complete list of the Top 10 Max Cavalera songs:
- “Refuse/Resist” (Sepultura)
- “Wasting Away” (Nailbomb)
- “Beneath the Remains” (Sepultura)
- “Arise” (Sepultura”
- “Roots Bloody Roots” (Sepultura)
- “Dead Embryonic Cells” (Sepultura)
- “Eye For An Eye” (Soulfly)
- “Back To the Primitive” (Soulfly”
- “Sodomites” (Soulfly)
- “Wings of Feather and Wax” (Killer Be Killed)